- Please complete and forward the PAF as soon as possible once an assistantship has been rewarded/accepted. Do not hold the PAF for the completion of the I-9, E-Verify, W-4, or Direct Deposit forms.
- Please take care to print the PAF on the correct side of the NCR paper. Forms printed on the wrong side of the paper, thus not allowing the handwritten corrections to be made and proper signatures to go through, may be returned to the hiring department/office.
NOTE: G.A. Application Forms should be retained by the department - not forwarded to the Graduate College.
Identified below are the sections of the Personnel Action Form and a description of how each section should be completed for the appointment of Graduate Assistants.
- Personal Information:
- Complete all information requested in this section.
- Please make certain the information for each individual is up-to-date
- The student's contract is mailed to the address put on this form, please check for accuracy
- Title — Graduate Assistant and check either Non-Teaching, Teaching, or Research
- Effective Data — Starting Date (1 week prior to the beginning of classes)
- Assignment Status:
- X — Part-Time, Limited to 1000 hours
- X — Academic Year or Academic Semester (check appropriate semester)
- FTE — 50%
- Period of Appointment:
- Starting Date — 1 week prior to the beginning of classes (Same as Effective Date in Sec. III)
- End Date — last day of finals week/date of commencement
- Nature of Action:
- X — Appointment (for new first time assistants) or
- X — Reappointment (for returning assistants)
- Form Information:
- Complete all information requested.
- Time and Leave Reporting and Approval:
- This section may be left blank since G.A.s do not do online time reporting in Banner.
- Salary Information:
- Compensation Amount:
- SP13 or FA13 = $4,080 or $4,964
- SU13 = $2,040 or $2,482
- AY13-14 = $8,160 or $9,928
- X — Annual if AY appointment (FA & SP); Semester if FA, SP or SU appointment.
- Compensation Amount:
- Justification, Comments, or Stipulations
Provide the budget name from which the student will be paid.
In addition to any departmental/unit stipulations, this section should also include a detailed job description and name of the direct supervisor (not necessarily the department or unit) who can be contacted for specific information about the student, his/her job description, and/or his/her job performance.
Once Department Head and the Dean's signatures have been secured, the form should be forwarded to the Graduate College. G.A. PAFs do not go to HR until after the appointments have been processed by the Graduate College.