College of Humanities and Public Affairs
Includes accelerated master's option
- Administrative Studies: Criminal Justice Option (MS)
- Administrative Studies: Homeland Security and Defense Option (MS)
- Applied Anthropology (MS)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice (MS)
- Defense and Strategic Studies (MS)
- Global Studies (MGS)
- History (MA)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Religious Studies (MA)
- Secondary Education: History Area of Emphasis (MSEd)
- Secondary Education: Social Science Area of Emphasis (MSEd)
- Community Corrections (Certificate)
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) (Certificate)
- Defense and Strategic Studies (Certificate)
- History for Teachers (Certificate)
- Homeland Security and Defense (Certificate)
- Public Management (Certificate)
- Religious Studies for the Professions (Certificate)
The college of Humanities and Public Affairs has many degree and certificate opportunities.
Centers for Research and Service
Bureau of Economic Research
The Bureau, housed within the Economics Department, serves as a clearinghouse for data and publications on economic conditions within the region, state, and nation. the staff has a wide variety of experience and is able to provide consulting services, produce detailed GIS maps, economic and industry forecasts, and other relevant reports on a per fee basis.
The Bernice S. Warren Center for Archaeological Research
The Center is a research institute that conducts archaeological field work and other cultural resource management projects on a contractual basis. It primarily serves municipal, state, and federal government agencies.The center also offers hands-on experience for students interested in careers in archaeology and is active in local archaeological and preservation societies.
Center for Social Sciences and Public Policy Research
The Center is an interdisciplinary center where faculty and students conduct both applied and theoretical research in the social sciences and humanities. The Center conducts research sponsored by public and private organizations on a variety of issues of local, state, and national concern. The Center’s research efforts foster an understanding of what constitutes effective public policy and how it is created.