Get a graduate certificate
Go beyond and stand out. Add to what matters most: your education.
Certificate in Individualized Studies
The individualized graduate certificate, offered by the Graduate College at Missouri State University, is a 12 credit hour program and provides a graduate-level experience for those who find that formally designed options from existing programs do not meet their unique, creative and professional needs, or those seeking growth and advancement within their vocations. The certificate program allows students to expand their knowledge and experiences consistent with their professional goals and objectives in one or more areas.
This graduate certificate will benefit anyone who needs to acquire focused skills, launch a new career unrelated to his/her undergraduate degree and/or retool and update knowledge. The certificate offers a short, focused program of study giving students advanced skills in a particular subject not formally offered and provides continuing education credit opportunities in many careers. In addition, the credit hours earned may apply toward an advanced degree.
- The student must hold a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university.
- Recommendation by the Director of the Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs.
- Once admitted, the student and Program Director will work together to generate a program of study before the student will be released to take courses.
- The student must complete 12 credit hours of graduate course work with a 3.00 GPA.
- All other University and Graduate College requirements must be met for completion of a certificate program.