Medical Human Anatomy and Physiology
Get a graduate certificate
Certificate in Medical Anatomy and Physiology
Scott D. Zimmerman, Director of Graduate Studies Assets
Kampeter Health Sciences Hall, Room 353
BMS Department phone: 417-836-5603
This certificate is offered by the Department of Biomedical Sciences and provides graduate students with in-depth exposure to advanced and clinical courses in anatomy and physiology as they apply to human medicine, to enhance student preparation for further graduate and/or professional study in a variety of health care fields.
- Undergraduate degree in STEM field
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
Required courses (12 hrs)
- Complete at least one course in Anatomy from the following list: BMS 645, BMS 682, BMS 688, BMS 707, BMS 717, BMS 727.
- Complete at least one course in Physiology from the following list: BMS 641, BMS 642, BMS 660, BMS 661, BMS 664, BMS 665, BMS 667, BMS 668, BMS 669, BMS 672, BMS 673, BMS 752.
- Select additional credits from either the Anatomy or Physiology lists to complete 12 credits.
- All candidates must satisfy the General University Certificate Requirements.
After admission into the Graduate Certificate in Medical Human Anatomy and Physiology program, the students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, with no more than one course with a grade of "C”.