Get a graduate certificate
Certificate in Sports Management
Gerald Masterson, Program Director
J.D. Morris Center, Room 413; Phone 417-836-6941
The Sports Management Certificate Program is an 12 hours program, that includes three 3-credit hour courses and one three-hour field experience course. It is designed to provide for preparation for management positions in professional, collegiate, and international sports, as well as, campus and community wellness/sports programs.
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university.
- Recommendation by the Graduate Interdisciplinary Program Director.
Required courses - 12 hrs
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|KIN 739||Principles of Sports Management||3 hrs|
Legal Aspects in Sports, Physical Education, Recreation and Wellness Programs
|KIN 733||Current Problems in Sports Administration||3 hrs|
|KIN 798||Field Experience||3 hrs|
KIN 798 Field Experience - 3 hrs
The field experience is the culminating activity for all students in the certificate program. It should be planned (in consultation with the sports management advisor) in advance of the semester in which the student desires to register for the experience. Before the experience can begin, the student must complete the application process and the 9 credit hours required in the certificate program or be granted permission by the program director:
Requirements for completion of certificate
- Completion of required courses.
- Completion of the field experience.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.00
- Successful completion of a research or capstone experience will serve as the student's comprehensive examination.