Deadline: All nomination materials must be submitted to the Graduate College by November 1st.
The Graduate Council’s Teaching Assistant Award recognizes and rewards Missouri State students for exemplary TA performance.
To be eligible for this award, a nominee must:
- Have been a teaching assistant during the 2018 calendar year
- Have been a teaching assistant at least two semesters
- Be available for videotaping at the end of the Fall 2018 semester/beginning of the Spring 2019 semester
How to nominate a student
Each academic department that hires teaching assistants may submit one nomination for the award. All nomination materials must be submitted to the Graduate College by November 1st.
The following materials should be included in the student's application packet
- Letter of nomination from the Department Head. This should include:
- a description of any departmental awards/honors presented to graduate students for teaching excellence
- opportunities for teaching assistants to assist in curricular development
- opportunities for an experienced TA to mentor new teaching assistants
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Nominee’s Teaching Portfolio (Please use the following headings):
- Statement of teaching philosophy (references are allowed if personal philosophy aligns with known theories)
- Evidence of instructional design and innovation, instructional delivery, course management, and student learning (if any)
- Student Evaluation of Teaching (Please indicate courses taught as a graduate student at this institution, number of students, instructional responsibility, and a summary of student evaluations)
- Evidence of Effective Student/Colleague Mentoring (if any)
- Evidence of Teaching/Learning Scholarship (examples: Publications/presentations or grant proposals submitted/funded which focused on teaching/learning; evidence of how pedagogy research informs your teaching)
Please note: Excluding nomination form, letters of nomination and support, and vitae, the nomination (Teaching Portfolio) must be limited to six (6) double spaced pages. Applications which do not adhere to the submission requirements, including deadlines and page limits, will not be considered.
All nomination letters and student application packets should be submitted to the Graduate College electronically at GraduateCollege@MissouriState.edu. Please send documents that are in either Word or PDF format only.
Please contact the Graduate College for any questions or for more information.