Admission Requirements for Graduate Certificate Programs
Op3.20 Graduate Certificate Program Procedures
Admission requirements and procedures
The minimum standard for admission to a graduate certificate program is a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University Graduate College. Additional requirements and higher standards may be stipulated for specific graduate certificate programs and applicants should check for such requirements in the departmental section of the Graduate catalog. To be considered for admission to a graduate certificate program, a student should complete the following:
- If the applicant is not a current Missouri State graduate student and is applying for admission to a certificate program only, the applicant should submit an application through GradCAS.
- If the applicant is a current Missouri State graduate student and wishes to apply to add a certificate program, the student should submit an application through their My Missouri State (contact Graduate Admissions at GraduateAdmissions@MissouriState.edu or 417-836-5331 for specific instructions).
The student’s degree audit is used to show requirements necessary to complete the certificate program. A student can view the audit the first day of classes for the semester of admission into the program. It is essential that students meet with their advisor before registering for courses each semester.
Certificate completion requirements
Student must apply to graduate through their My Missouri State during the semester they plan to finish the requirements for the certificate program.
To be eligible for a graduate certificate, a candidate must:
- Complete the minimum number of hours required for the certificate program. Minimum hours for specific programs vary.
- Attain a grade point average of at least 3.00 on all graduate work utilized in the certificate program (that includes Missouri State University and transfer courses).
- Complete all requirements within an eight-year period (exclusive of time spent in the U.S. Armed Forces).
- Meet all additional program-specific certificate program requirements. The certificate is mailed to the student approximately four weeks after the end of the semester of completion. A hold will prevent the release of a transcript or certificate.