Research is a vital part of your graduate experience. Opportunities to work in the field, complete a thesis or write a seminar paper will help refine your critical thinking skills and prepare you for lifetime success in your field.
Learn how to develop, research, and present a successful thesis, including creative works.
Research Training and Compliance
Missouri State University requires that all research conducted by students, faculty, and/or staff adhere to our research compliance requirements. Please see the following compliance guidelines:
Animal Research: Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
Human Subjects Research: Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA): Information for research involving private health data
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC): Information for research involving recombinant DNA techniques and other biohazards
- Radiation Safety Committee (RSC): Information for research involving isotopes, depleted isotopes, or x-ray radiation
- Conflict of Interest (COI): Information for researchers pursuing external funding
- Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR): Required training to promote research integrity, ethical conduct in research, and to comply with federal requirements
- Export Control: Information regarding export control regulations related to research